With the holidays right around the corner it’s difficult to know what to buy when it comes to getting started in a fitness regimen. We’ve compiled a list of some go to pieces of equipment to get you started.
- The number of exercises you can do with a KB is limitless.
- Durable and easy to take with you on the go
- If you could get two items on this list I would pick the KB twice
- An advanced piece of equipment but easily modifiable for all skill levels
- This can spice up a pushup, dip, pull up, toes to rings, and muscle ups for the advanced athletes.
- The rings can also be great for holds and ring rows for beginners
- Versatility is the name of the game with a slam ball or med ball
- You can do a ton of movements with this piece of equipment
- Most of these movements are basic and don’t require a huge warm up. So you can save time and get your HR up quickly.
- The value with bands in regard to the amount of stuff you can do with them is crazy
- If you already have a weight set, bands can be used for accommodating resistance work
- They can be used for a ton of assistance work and stretching too. Limitless!
- Probably the most straightforward piece on the list.
- But, a lot of people don’t have a jump rope and it can provide a great stimulus for everyone
- Need some more conditioning or coordination? Get a jump rope
Special mention not on the list: weighted vest, mace, Indian clubs, dumbbells, sled, and lots or other great pieces for your home gym.