This week’s recipe comes as a recommendation from Coach Becca and from Feeding the Frasers. Salads are a great vessel for proteins. Most work with multiple types of proteins, one week chicken, the next bison and naturally on their own. From Becca’s recommendation she “excluded the maple syrup before to get a more lemon-y dressing”.
Simple Side Salad with Lemon-Maple Vinaigrette
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- pinch flaky salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the mixed greens in a large serving platter.
- Toss the cucumbers with a pinch of salt.
- Add the salted cucumbers to the mixed greens along with the remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Dress the salad with 2-4 tablespoons of dressing or to taste.
- Serve family-style at your next holiday meal.